When most people hear the words, “air quality,” they think of a smoggy southern California freeway, or perhaps a factory spewing out pollution through long, thin smokestacks. They should think more about the place where they and their family spend their time. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), poor residential indoor air quality is an emerging health threat in America.
Air quality problems in your home can be a source of irritation and even health risks. Fresno, California’s ABC Cooling and Heating offers whole house purification and humidification programs to help deal with these issues before they become hazardous to your family’s health.
What are the dangers of poor indoor air quality?
- A build-up of irritants could act as allergy triggers: If you find your allergies especially aggravated when you are in your home, it might be a sign of poor indoor air quality. Specifically, built-up levels of dust and pollen in your air ducts may be turning your residence into a perfect storm of allergies.
- Pollutants could trigger asthma attacks: According to the EPA, poor indoor air quality could play a role in aggravating asthma symptoms. Dust mites, pet allergens, and mold spores can lead to asthma attacks, even among people who are not as sensitive to pollutants outside.
- Other breathing disorders: Both the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and The World Health Organization have concluded that asthma and other breathing disorders may be prevented by limiting exposure to environmental allergens and irritants in the home.
How do I take care of these issues?
We’d recommend giving ABC Cooling and Heating a call. We offer two major indoor air quality treatment programs to help make you and your family comfortable:
- Whole house purification: Either with an electronic system or a filtered one, we’ll set up a process for removing the dust, pollen, and other pollutants from you home. Electronic systems are more efficient at removing particulates from the air, while filter systems are inexpensive. If you’re ready to breathe deep and be comfortable, consider a home purification system.
- Whole house humidification: California can get very dry at certain times of the year, and low humidity can be a source of discomfort for you and your family, leading to dry skin and even nosebleeds. Our whole house humidification systems will help restore humidity to your home, which can also prevent wallpaper from peeling, cracks in drywall, or static electricity buildup.
Why should I choose ABC Cooling and Heating?
For more than 55 years, ABC Cooling and Heating has been providing comfort to residences and businesses in cities like Fresno, Hayward, San Jose, and Concord, California. Our fully trained and industry-certified technicians have years of experience fixing heating and cooling systems, as well as conducting home energy audits and fixing air quality issues.
If you’d like to learn more about how we can improve the air quality in your home, give us a call at (888) 420-9463. Or, schedule a service visit with us. We’d love to work with you, and show you the difference that a great company can make.